Technology has in many ways made out lives more fun. Since I’m one of those people who don’t really care much for new gadgets; iPhone, Blackberry and what not, I usually settle for a really simple phone with as few functions as possible.
However, I’m intrigued with what mobile phones can do with personalized ringtones, especially those which are customized for individual caller identification. I find them practical and some can be hilarious.
Here are some great ringtones which I thought might go very well with the particular caller. Feel free to add on to them.
- Mother – Mamma Mia by Abba
- Father – Daddy Kool by Boney M
- Brother – He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother by Neil Diamond
- Sister - Little Sister by Cheap Trick, Big Sister by Dio
- Spouse – Love and Marriage by Frank Sinatra
- Children – Sweet Child O’ Mine by Guns and Roses
- Lover – All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You by Heart, Hush Hush by Paula Abdul (if he/she is your secret affair)
- Ex-lover – Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off by Gershwin, Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt, Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake (if you’re hoping for reconciliation)
- Secret Crush – I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett
- Fling – Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega (if you’re a guy), Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado
- Best friend – You’re My Best Friend by Queen
- Fuck Buddy – I Want Your Sex by George Michael
- Annoying friend – Shut Up by Black Eye Peas, Beat It by Michael Jackson
- Gay friend – She Feels Like A Brand New Man Tonight by Aaron Tippin, Free, Gay and Happy by Coming Out Crew, Macho Man by Village People, Dancing Queen by Abba
- Boss – Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie, Every Breath You Take by The Police
- Gynaecology – All My Eggs in One Basket by Irving Berlin, No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley
- Doctor – Do You Really Want to Hurt Me by Culture Club
- Lawyer – It Wasn’t Me by Shaggy, Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley
- Accountant – One Plus One by Lolly
- Insurance Agent – Not Dead Yet by Styx
- Real Estate Agent – The House Song by Peter, Paul and Mary
- Bank – Money, Money, Money by Abba
- Landlord – Landlord by The Police, Dear Landlord by Janis Joplin
- Tenant – Life for Rent by Dido, Rent by Pet Shop Boys
- Mechanic – I’m in Love with My Car by Queen
- Weed supplier – Magic Friend by 2Unlimited
- Vet – Who Let The Dogs Out by Baha Men
- Gym/personal trainer – Gonna Make You Sweat by C & C Music Factory, Sweat (A la la la la long) by Inner Circle
With all these ringtones, who needs an iPod, eh?