Friday, September 26, 2008

10 Things I Hate About Malaysia*

I hate the way you treat us like children and the way you punish without reason.

I hate the way you turn your back on discrimination. I hate when you show preferential treatment.

I hate your draconian policy on the ISA and the way you lock up RPK.

I hate you so much, it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme.

I hate it, I hate the way you always think you’re always right.

I hate your pride.

I hate it when you make me laugh at all the incredulous things you have done, even worse when you make me cry at all the injustice and corruption that you try to keep it mum.

I hate it when you are not around to defend our rights and the fact you didn’t even try.

But mostly, I hate the way I don’t hate being a Malaysian, not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

*Not the country but the governing power.

p/s: Some of the words are adopted from the movie “10 Things I Hate About You”, if you haven’t figured it out yet.

Written on 26 September 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment